Corporation of the Trinity House

1849

Antique Booklet for the Trinity House School in Hull for the Sons of Seamen

Rules and Regulations for the Marine School Instituted by the Corporation of the Trinity House in Kingston-Upon-Hull for the Education of the Sons of Seamen Belonging to the Port of Kingston-Upon-Hull

DESCRIPTION: 

Very scarce 14-page booklet containing the Rules and Regulations for the Marine School operated at Kingston-Upon-Hull by the Trinity House for the education of the sons of seamen from that port. On period wove paper.

The Trinity House was originally a guild of shipmen and mariners established by Henry VIII in 1517 to support and expand shipping in England. Later the Trinity House was tasked with maintaining buoys, lighthouses, and aids to navigation on the English coast as well as licensing ship's pilots. (Oxford Companion to Ships and The Sea, Peter Kemp, ed. Oxford University Press. London, 1976, p. 889.)

Printed in 1849 for R.T. Cussons, Lowgate, Hull.

CREATOR: 

Corporation of the Trinity House

PUBLICATION DATE: 

1849

GEOGRAPHIC AREA: 

England

BODY OF WATER: 

N/A

CONDITION: 

Very good.  Thin blue canvas-covered boards. Pages clean and intact. Altogether a fine artifact.

COLORING: 

None

ENGRAVER: 

SIZE: 

4 " x 5 "

PRICE: 

$240

Buy Now   

This web site provides security by Rapid SSL









Similar items: