Cyanotype Maps and Prints


 Thumbnail CreatorDateTitle / Author / Date / LocationPrice  Description
3597Twenty-five antique lot and street plans of Cambridge, Massachusetts.DetailsMultiple Authors1870
Lot 1. MULTIPLE 19th C. survey lot and street plans CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts
Multiple Authors
1870
LOC:50
$13,650.00Multiple-AuthorsLot-1---MULTIPLE-19th-C--survey-lot-and-street-plans-CAMBRIDGE--MassachusettsA lot consisting of twenty-five lot and street plans from Cambridge, Massachusetts and nearby areas. An opportunity for a serious collector to expand his collection with items he cannot find elsewhere. <a href="https://www.rarecharts.com/Content/Lot_1_Cambridge_Survey_Artifacts_Locked.pdf" target="_blank">See full detailed lot description.</a> <br></br> These plans represent surveys performed in the 1840’s through the 1900’s by local Cambridge area surveyors and engineers William A. Mason, Joseph Whitney, J.G. Chase, E.F. Bowker, W.S. Barbour, and Alex Wadsworth. Artifacts include manuscript surveys, manuscript survey traces, and rare 19th century cyanotype (blueprints). Many of the items in this lot are unrecorded and for the others the few known holdings are in institutions. Condition and size vary by item. <br></br> The lot highlight is: SC_Cam_1. Osgood Carleton [after]. PLAN OF THE CAUSEWAY OVER THE MARSH IN CAMBRIDGE EXHIBITING THE NAMES OF THE OWNERS AND THE QUANTITY OF LAND THROUGH WHICH IT PASSES INCLUDING MR JARVIS’S UPLAND SURVEYED AND PLATTED (by a scale of one chain to an inch) NOV 12TH 1792 BY OSGOOD CARLETON. COPIED FROM THE ORIGINAL BY W.A. MASON & CO. DEC. 20, 1855. MS ink surveyor’s collation number “1637”. Unrecorded antebellum manuscript cadastral plan of great historical value after an earlier plan in 1793 by well-known Boston surveyor Osgood Carleton. This is the best and only available detailed plan of the West Boston Bridge causeway from the Charles River to Pelham island. This is Mason’s true signed MS surveyor’s copy from a survey made by Osgood Carleton contemporaneously with the Causeway construction. Numerous and detailed pencil notations of ownership record based on Carleton's original survey. Measurements recorded in chains and links. <br></br> A very rare plan of the old Causeway stretching 3344 feet over wet marshland largely owned by Leonard Jarvis.
3613Antique lot and street plans of Boston, Massachusetts.DetailsMultiple Authors1885
Lot 2. MULTIPLE antique surveyors plans BACK BAY, BOSTON , Massachusetts
Multiple Authors
1885
LOC:50
$6,200.00Multiple-AuthorsLot-2---MULTIPLE-antique-surveyors-plans-BACK-BAY--BOSTON---MassachusettsA lot consisting of twenty lot and street plans from Boston, Massachusetts generally from the decade of the 1880's. Most items by surveyors and engineers William H. Whitney or the firm of Fuller and Whitney, Back Bay Engineers. An opportunity for a serious collector of Boston cartography to expand his collection with items he cannot find except in institutions. <a href="https://www.rarecharts.com/Content/Lot_2_Boston_Survey_Artifacts_Locked.pdf" target="_blank">See full detailed lot description.</a> <br></br> From the mid 1850’s through 1890 Boston conducted the most ambitious land-making of the era in the U.S. by transporting and placing gravel, ashes, and sand in an area that was previously a tidal marsh of the Charles River. The landfill of Boston’s Back Bay was fueled by a shortage of suitable land for new construction and the desire to remediate water pollution resulting from earlier bad decisions that placed profit ahead of citizen’s health and welfare. <br></br> Over a period of 35 years more than 450 acres of new land was added to Boston by filling the Back Bay with an average of 20 feet of fill. Much of this land was purchased by well-to-do Bostonians and today the Back Bay remains one of the most prestigious locations within that city. <br></br> We have been able to obtain 20 rare late 19th century artifacts that document the last decade of the 35 year land-making project in Boston’s Back Bay, for an area from Charlesgate Park to past Kenmore Square. <br></br> These maps and plans shed light on some of the decision-making factors and design options for Boston real-estate developers. These artifacts in this lot are of three types: hand-drawn or manuscript survey maps, manuscript traces of those surveys, and blueprints. The artifacts represent a very early application and adaptation of a cutting-edge technology: blueprinting.
4801A rare 19th-century cyanotype folk-art advertisement.DetailsRathbun, Frank A.1890
Early Cyanotype Advertisement for Rathbun's Wagon Jack and Wrenches
Rathbun, Frank A.
1890
LOC:
$560.00Rathbun--Frank-A-Early-Cyanotype-Advertisement-for-Rathbun-s-Wagon-Jack-and-WrenchesA rare 19th-century <b>cyanotype print folk-art advertisement</b> ca. 1890 for F.A. Rathbun's wagon jack and wrenches. No other copy of any advertisement for Rathbun or his equipment is found online. The blueprint (cyanotype) photographic process, invented in 1842, was not adopted widely as a business document reproduction technology until after 1880. <br></br> With two cartoon-like drawings illustrating the "Worst Way" and the "Best Way" to change a wheel on a buggy or wagon (no mention of automobiles). The best way according to the author is Rathbun's Wagon Jack and Wrenches. Compliments of F.A. Rathbun Beloit, Wisconsin. <br></br> With an additional 3" x 7" cyanotype print of a large wrench labeled "F.A. Rathbun Beloit Wis." <br></br> The ad copy reads: <div class="indenttextblock"> "Compliments of F.A. RATHBUN. BELOIT WIS. Manufactuer [sic] of his celebrated Wagon Jacks & Wrenches. By the use of which any one can grease thier [sic] wagon or buggy in less then one half the time required by the use of any other jack and wrench in the market without soiling hands or clothes. The pecular [sic] construction of the jack and manner in which it is used, recommmends its-self to all who know the trouble usually experienced with all jacks that have to be used under the buggy. This is the only jack that can be used at the end of the axle so that the wheel can be slid out on it for support. The 'wrench' also recommends itself to all who would avoid geting [sic] themselves greasy and dirty or straws and dirt on the nut to be scraped off or remain on to wear out the spindle. It is always ready. Never slips, and is quickly and easily operated. All who have used them recommed [sic] them to others. Liberal discount, to the trade and agents." </div> In April 1887 Frank A. Rathbun a machinist of Beloit Wis. assigned a patent he held on a wheeled scraper to F.W. Kimball of Milwaukee, Wis. However there is no mention of a patent on Rathbun's wagon jack.
3693Fine blueprint topo map of Pebble Beach, CA made in 1909.DetailsHunter, T.B.1909
Large antique blueprinted map of Pebble Beach, Califonia
Hunter, T.B.
1909
LOC:
$1,800.00Hunter--T-B-Large-antique-blueprinted-map-of-Pebble-Beach--CalifoniaFine large rolled 5' original antique cyanotype (blueprint) map (20 sq. ft.) of Pebble Beach, CA made in 1909, almost ten years before the opening of the famed Pebble Beach golf course. The earliest reasonably obtainable and the largest cyanotype cadastral map of Pebble Beach, CA. <br></br> Ironically, on this map the area now partly occupied by the golf course is marked "Reserved for Public Use". Pebble Beach Lodge is shown centered within Lot 123, a parcel of 9.487 acres. Locations that are shown but not named include Arrowhead Point, Pescadero Canyon, and Stillwater Cove. <br></br> Data for each lot include the lot number, metes and bounds (bearing and length of all lines bisecting each physical property marker stake), and acreage. <br></br> Includes Seventeen-Mile Drive and Carmel Bay. Monterey County. Shows topography with contour intervals of 10 feet. <br></br> Surveyed by T.B. Hunter, C.E. and drawn by T.F. Rogers. <br></br> North is oriented to upper right. <br></br> (Note: Yellow straight-edge rules shown are 48" long.)
4817Manuscript gold-mining Nechi map Colombia, Antiquioa region.DetailsdeHora, Manuel Herrera1913
Antique Manuscript Gold-mining Map Antioquia Region in Colombia
deHora, Manuel Herrera
1913
LOC:
$7,500.00deHora--Manuel-HerreraAntique-Manuscript-Gold-mining-Map-Antioquia-Region-in-ColombiaEarly <b>gold-mining map</b> in manuscript pen and ink on surveyor's tracing "cloth" by New York based mining engineer <b>Manuel Herrera de Hora</b> (1849-1934). Rare manuscript trace document of the gold field leases, including Oroville Dredging Company, near the Nechi River in Colombia, S.A. ca. 1913. For use in reproducing multiple blueprint (cyanotype) copies of the map. <br></br> <div class="indenttextblock"> "In my opinion, there is <b>no part of the world so favorable for investment</b> and so <b>attractive from the gold miner’s point of view</b> as the Department of Antioquia. [Colombia]" <br></br> "Dredgeman's paradise". <br></br> </div> In his <a href="/ZoomifyImages/SC_4817/de Hora 2.pdf" target="_blank">presentation</a> to the American Institute of Mining Engineers in August 1913 de Hora made the business case for the profits that could be made using barge-mounted dredges to mine the thick gravel placer gold deposits along the Nechi, Cauca, and Porce Rivers near Zaragoza in Colombia's Antioquia department. <br></br> In his analysis de Hora reviews the history of gold-mining in the Antioquia region, describes topography and the physical properties of the region's gold, estimates risks and resource availability, and provides useful information on Colombia's liberal mining laws and climate. (de Hora, M.H. The Gold Placers of Antioquia, Republic of Colombia, South America. Bulletin American Institute of Mining Engineers. July 1913. p. 1197.) <br></br> The New York Times <a href="/ZoomifyImages/SC_4817/Manuel deHora.pdf" target="_blank">obituary</a> of de Hora in 1934 reads like chapters in an adventure novel: <div class="indenttextblock"> <li>COLONEL DE HORA ADVENTURER, DIES</li> <li>As Soldier of Fortune and a Mining Engineer Had a Thrilling Career.</li> <li>Shanghied in his Youth</li> <li>Reported to have Seized a Warship and Steamer--A Police Chief in South Africa</li> </div>
4803Gushers!  Cyanotype pictorial map of the Texas Oil Boom.DetailsOsceola Oil Company1919
Osceola Oil Company Gushers in the Great Texas Oil Field
Osceola Oil Company
1919
LOC:
$6,500.00Osceola-Oil-CompanyOsceola-Oil-Company-Gushers-in-the-Great-Texas-Oil-FieldGushers! More gushers! No gushing prose here but dozens of <b>gushing oil wells</b>. Extraordinary! No other copy found anywhere online. <br></br> The Great Texas Oil Field: Electra, Clara, Burkburnett, Iowa Park, Holliday, Wichita Falls, Huff, and Dundee, Texas. <br></br> Our artifact is a very rare cyanotype (blueprint) pictorial map documenting the Texas Oil Boom in north Texas during the period 1919-1921. This persuasive map exuberantly promotes drilling the 200 acre lease held by Osceola Oil Company (now extinct) near Dundee, Texas in Russell A. Richardson's subdivision "Located right on the Dundee Dome and Anticline." <br></br> Drawn by Wichita Falls Blueprint and Supply Co. <br></br> Names numerous famous oil fields and wells including: the Sunshine Hill Pool, the Ramming Pool, the Burkburnett southwest extension, the Kemp-Munger-Allen field. <br></br> <b>Boom Town</b>, a 1940 film starring Clark Gable and Spencer Tracy, was inspired by events around Burkburnett, Texas during the early 20's oil boom. <img src="/PageImages/BoomTown.jpg" alt="Gushers!" width="140" align="left" style="margin: 10px 10px"> <br></br> The first oil in Burkburnett was discovered in 1912, when a gusher of 2000 barrels a day was brought in on the S.L. Fowler farm. The Burkburnett Townsite Field in Wichita County was discovered in 1918. In 1919 oil was discovered in the Kemp-Munger-Allen field. <br></br> Osceola Oil Company was organized in 1919 with corporate officers Russell A. Richardson, President and C.C. Drake, Secretary. With authorized capital of $500,000 and a single leased property of 200 acres "...one mile east of the Waggoner Ranch in Wichita County Texas" the company began seeking investors. By 1922 it was all over but for the crying… Osceola filed a lawsuit against the driller, Stewart Drilling Company, who failed to discover oil with a 2000 foot deep well on the property. (Source: https://books.google.com/books?id=55tDAQAAMAAJ. Page 698.)
4944Oil-field prospect map ca. 1920 for San Juan County, New Mexico.DetailsAdams Engineering Company1920
Wildcatters oil-field prospect map for San Juan County, New Mexico
Adams Engineering Company
1920
LOC:53
$300.00Adams-Engineering-CompanyWildcatters-oil-field-prospect-map-for-San-Juan-County--New-MexicoWildcatter's blueprint (cyanotype) oil-field prospect map ca. 1920 for San Juan County, New Mexico. Four corners region near Aztec, Farmington, Shiprock and the Navajo Indian Reservation. The blueprint shows existing and proposed oil wells and oil field leases owned by an anonymous individual or company, annotated with typewritten notes: <br></br> "Midwest Oil Co. pool on the Hog Back they just … the 7th well at 690 feet they found sand … this is the most wonderful oil field in the world." <br></br> "U.S. Geological Survey of 1916 Professional paper 98-P of the San Juan … I looked this country over carefully for 5 months at the same time trying to get rid of my Rheumatism and [in my] my opinion it will only take development to have an oil field where I have my leases marked in red on this map." <br></br> My interpretation of the maps and notes are that the purpose of the map was to persuade investors to invest in the leases marked in red squares (at furthest right center) by reference to other known, producing oil wells (marked with small red dots). Published by Adams Engineering Company, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Drawn by H. Marsh.
4735Cyanotype Chicago map with rail transport coal and electricity.DetailsLake Shore Realty Co.1925
Cyanotype Sales Map of Howard Avenue Subdivison No. 2 Chicago
Lake Shore Realty Co.
1925
LOC:88
$350.00Lake-Shore-Realty-Co-Cyanotype-Sales-Map-of-Howard-Avenue-Subdivison-No--2-ChicagoAuthentic cyanotype (blueprint) Chicago-area map from 1925 with interesting illustrations of local transportation including an electrified trolley and coal-fired steam locomotive. A fine, unique early 20th century artifact that should appeal to advertising collectors or others with interests in Evanston or Chicago, Illinois and the expansion into the suburbs. Dated within to 5/28/25. Drawn by J.R.W.A. <br></br> Right-hand side of this neat piece shows a large scale map with major streets centered on the Howard Ave Subdivison No 2. Concentric circles drawn at one mile intervals for 3 miles total radius. Left hand large-scale map of the Subdivision with side streets Jonquil Terrace, Lehigh Ave., Dobson Street, and North Meade Ave. Lots already sold are highlighted with dark red pencil. <br></br> The new subdivision was located at the intersection of Gross-Point Road and Howard Ave (now Street). Also crossing that intersection is a proposed trolley car line on Howard Ave. and the Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul R.R. with a locomotive drawn heading northbound pulling a freight car and four passenger cars. <br></br> Text describes restrictions, title guarantor, and contact details for the Lake Shore Realty Co. at Consumer's Building Room 1716. 220 State Street. Phone Wabash9180. <br></br> Restrictions were: " Howard Ave is restricted to business buildings of stone or brick construction, two or more stories high. Balance is restricted to residence or apartment buildings of stone or brick construction." Titles guaranteed by Chicago Title & Trust Co. <br></br> In the 19th century blueprints (cyanotype prints) were generally scarce as blueprinting had only been invented in the 1870's and by 1899 the process was beginning to become widely adopted as a quick method of reproducing maps, plans, and architectural diagrams. Blueprinting was a well-accepted business tool in 1925 but no other copy of this map is found online.
4747Cyanotype Chicago map with Evanston and Northwestern University.DetailsEdward E. Manning Company1925
Cyanotype map of north Chicago and Evanston, IL
Edward E. Manning Company
1925
LOC:
$320.00Edward-E--Manning-CompanyCyanotype-map-of-north-Chicago-and-Evanston--ILAuthentic hand-colored cyanotype (blueprint) Chicago-area map from ca. 1925. A fine, unique early 20th-century artifact that should appeal to collectors or others with interests in Evanston or Chicago, Illinois and its expansion into the suburbs. Cyanotype maps are generally scarce. <br></br> Coverage begins at W. Lawrence Avenue and extends north to Lake Avenue in Evanston, Illinois. Our map is bounded to the east by Lake Michigan and to the west a few blocks past Harlem Avenue. Shows the location of Northwestern University along Lake Michigan. Includes by name Morton Center, Edison Park, Rogers Park, and the town of "Niles Center", now Skokie, Il. <br></br> In the 19th century blueprints (cyanotype prints) were generally scarce as blueprinting had only been invented in the 1870's. By 1899 the cyanotype process was beginning to become widely adopted as a quick method of reproducing maps, plans, and architectural diagrams. Blueprinting was a well-accepted business tool in 1925. <br></br> Produced by the Edward E. Manning Company, 55 W. Wacker, Drive, Chicago.
4796Cyanotype (blueprint) map of the Corita Vineyard, Los Altos Hills, CA.DetailsBarker, Curtis M.1925
Fine antique cyanotype map of Corita Vineyard, Palo Alto California
Barker, Curtis M.
1925
LOC:
$1,800.00Barker--Curtis-M-Fine-antique-cyanotype-map-of-Corita-Vineyard--Palo-Alto-CaliforniaRare and desirable original cyanotype (blueprint) topographic survey map of the <b>Corita Vineyard</b>, then located in Los Altos Hills, about 4 miles south of Stanford University and Palo Alto, California. The map is dominated by Page Mill Road and by Moody Road; a course table is inset for each thoroughfare. Dated within at 1905 but later, developed from a well-worn surveyor's trace. Little information is available online on Corita Vineyard, consistent with the apparent scarcity of this old cartographic artifact. <br></br> Title reads: <b>"Map of the Corita Vineyard. Being lots 3 & 4 of the Briones Partition of the la Purissima Conception Rancho the property of A.B. Blanco Surveyed in Feb. and Mar. 1905. Curtis M. Barker, Surveyor and C.E. San Jose, Cal."</b> 547 acres. Scale: 3600:1 . Contour interval: 25 feet. <br></br> <div class="indenttextblock"> <b>La Purissima Conception Rancho</b> - 4439 acre Mexican land grant given in 1840 by Governor Juan Alvarado to José Gorgonio and his son José Ramon. In 1844 Gorgonio sold the one square league Rancho La Purísima Concepción to Juana Briones de Miranda. <BR/> <b>Briones Partition</b> - Juana Briones (b. 1802) sold about three quarters of her rancho in 1861 to Martin Murphy Jr. of Sunnyvale, who had come to California with the Stephens-Townsend-Murphy Party in 1844. Briones gave the remaining 1,130 acres (4.6 km2) of her rancho to her children, who bore their father’s name, Miranda. Until it was demolished in 2011, the Juana Briones home, a California registered landmark, stood at 4155 Old Adobe Road.<BR/> <b>A.B. Blanco</b> - owner of the Corita Vineyard in 1905.<BR/> <b>Curtis M. Barker</b> - Licensed surveyor and Civil Engineer (b. 1861). Employed as assistant civil engineer by Leland Stanford University in 1885-1893. Surveyor and civil engineer in San Jose, CA from 1894.</b> </div>
4818Blueprint for San Francisco Market Street Railway Company "Dinky".DetailsMarket Street Railway Company1925
Fillmore Hill "Dinky" Streetcar Blueprint
Market Street Railway Company
1925
LOC:
$600.00Market-Street-Railway-CompanyFillmore-Hill-"Dinky"-Streetcar-BlueprintRare find! An original, authentic blueprint diagram from 1925 for a <b>Market Street Railway Company streetcar</b>. That is a San Francisco, Ca. streetcar, number 649! <br></br> The blueprint still carries the MS index number, 755, in red crayon, that would have been used to uniquely identify the blueprint and to tie it to a set of specifications. This type of streetcar was known to have a rough ride because unlike larger cars, "single-truck" streetcars had only one set of four wheels. <br></br> Rectangular purple ink stamp on verso for "Market Street Railway Company | Aug 29, 1925 | Blue Print Room". Number M.M. 3013. <br></br> Title reads: "Market Street Railway Company. M.M. Department. Body Dimensions of Fillmore Hill Cars after Reconstruction. Overall length 26' 3.5". <br> Overall Width 8' 0" ". 8/24/25. <br></br> <img src="/ZoomifyImages/SC_4818/MarketStreetCar621.jpg" alt="Market Street Railway Co. "Dinky" Fillmore Hill streetcar.")" width="300" align="left" style="margin: 0px 20px"> </img> <br /> <br /> Some of the literature refers to this 26 foot long diminutively-sized street-car as a "Dinky". In its general dimensions and rolling equipment, our blueprint is very similar to car 578, built in 1896, one of the first generation of San Francisco's electric streetcars. Today, number 578 is stated to be the, "world’s oldest streetcar still on the active roster of an urban transit agency." <br></br> The Market Street Railway Company began on July 4, 1860 with a steam railway. After a series of mergers and sales, the company was acquired by Standard Gas & Power Company in late 1925. <br></br> Sources: https://www.kalw.org/post/how-muni-s-oldest-streetcar-survived-122-years-become-san-francisco-s-sweetheart#stream/0 <BR/> Vielbaum, Hoffman, Ute, Townley. San Francisco's Market Street Railway. Charleston. Arcadia Pub. 2004.
4819Blueprint for San Francisco Market Street Railway Company streetcar.DetailsMarket Street Railway Company1925
San Francisco Streetcar Blueprint
Market Street Railway Company
1925
LOC:
$375.00Market-Street-Railway-CompanySan-Francisco-Streetcar-BlueprintAn original, authentic blueprint diagram from 1925 for a <b>Market Street Railway Company</b> "double-truck" (2 sets of wheels) streetcar. San Francisco, California. Scarce. The blueprint still carries the manuscript engineering index number, 907, in red crayon, that would have been used to uniquely identify the blueprint and to tie it to a set of specifications. <br></br> Title reads: "Market Street Railway Company. M.M. Department. Body Design & Seating Arrangement of Cars 266-285, 286-305, 779-808. Drawing number M.M. 3005. 8/24/25." Overall length including bumpers was 47'. <br></br> <figure> <img src="/ZoomifyImages/SC_4819/Market_Street_Railway_Co_car_285.jpg" alt="Market Street Railway Company 47' streetcar number 285)" width="300" align="left" style="margin: 0px 20px"> <figcaption> <div style="text-align:center;font-size: 80%">Streetcar number 285.</div> </figcaption> </figure> <br></br> The Market Street Railway Company began operating on July 4, 1860 with a steam railway. After a series of mergers and sales, the company was acquired by Standard Gas & Power Company in late 1925. <br></br> Source: Vielbaum, Hoffman, Ute, Townley. San Francisco's Market Street Railway. Charleston. Arcadia Pub. 2004.
4820Rare cyanotype plan of the Carissa Mine in South Pass City, Wyoming.DetailsAnonymous1926
Rare Plan of the Carissa Gold Mine, South Pass, Wyoming
Anonymous
1926
LOC:
$650.00AnonymousRare-Plan-of-the-Carissa-Gold-Mine--South-Pass--WyomingRare cyanotype (blueprint) gold mine plan and section of the <b>Carissa Mine</b>, South Pass City, Wyoming. <br></br> During the late 1860s, miners discovered gold near South Pass City and the Carissa mine quickly became the most productive of all mines in the Sweetwater Mining District. After nearly 100 years, the Carissa Mine finally ended operations permanently in 1954. <br></br> Dated with reference to a similar, more detailed map of 1926 made during a detailed assay of the entire mine. (Hausel, W. Dan .The Carissa Gold Mine, South Pass Wyoming-A Sleeper. ICMJ. Prospecting and Mining Journal. July, 1999) <br></br> Three drawings are included: Longitudinal Section; Plan of the Third Fourth and Fifth Levels; and Claims Comprised in the Carissa Group. </div> Claims included the "Lucky Strike Placer", "Hermit Placer", "Chas. Dickens" and "Jeanette 183." <br></br> <a href="https://www.southpasscity.com/carissa-tours" target="_blank">South Pass City</a> today is operated as a Wyoming state historic site with 40 historic buildings, one of the best-preserved gold mining towns in the American West: <div class="indenttextblock"> "The State of Wyoming bought the 200-acre Carissa Mine site and began a ten-year restoration and reconstruction project. The interior was restored to the post–World War II period, when the mine and mill were most productive and milled approximately sixty tons of ore per day in three round-the-clock shifts. The reinstalled equipment is now fully functional. The State of Wyoming runs the Carissa Mine as part of the South Pass City State Historic Site, with tours of the mill that include demonstrations of the mid-twentieth-century milling equipment in operation." <b>Samantha Ford, “Carissa Mine” [Lander, Wyoming], SAH Archipedia, eds. Gabrielle Esperdy and Karen Kingsley, Charlottesville: UVaP, 2012—, http://sah-archipedia.org/buildings/WY-01-013-0097.</b> </div>
4981Antique blueprint key map for Minnesota canoe routes.DetailsArchitects and Engineers Supply Company1928
Rare Key Map Canoe Routes in Minnesota Ontario Lakes Region
Architects and Engineers Supply Company
1928
LOC:
$275.00Architects-and-Engineers-Supply-CompanyRare-Key-Map-Canoe-Routes-in-Minnesota-Ontario-Lakes-RegionVery rare cyanotype (blueprint) key map / advertisement, by C. & S. map, showing the coverage of 15 larger-scale sectional maps of canoe routes in the Minnesota and Canadian wilderness including the Superior National Forest. No copy of this key map is found online and the associated sectional maps (blue-line) are seldom found individually. <br></br> C. & S. canoe maps became so treasured and scarce that a cloth replica of C. & S.'s smallest-scale map is now offered online under the name "Greggar's Map" . <div class="indenttextblocksingle"> <i>"Greggar's Map is a cloth replica map of the 1928 Canoe Country Map, which is a unique remnant of navigating what we now know as the BWCAW and Quetico Provincial Park In its original form, the 1928 cloth map includes hand drawn lakes and written information like portages, rapids and unique author notes." </i> (https://www.truenorthmapco.com/shop/Greggars-Map-1928-Canoe-Country-p142448343) </div> </br> Title reads: <div class="indenttextblocksingle"> "Announcing our new map of The Greatest Canoe Route Country in America 'In the Heart of the Wilderness.' " </div> </br> Printed by Architects and Engineers Supply Company of Duluth, Minnesota. Sectional maps could be purchased individually for $0.85 on paper or $1.25 on cloth. Only one sectional map was found online attributed to C. & S. map and AESC, a blue-line print.</br> (Source: https://photos.bwca.com/l/LMILLER3129-120419-200203.JPG). <br></br> A. Bernard Gustfason (b. 1893) founded Architects and Engineers Supply Company in 1917 to provide quick production of blue prints, blue line prints, and black line prints to architects, engineers, draftsmen and surveyors in the Duluth, Minnesota area.
4826Map of Oregon-Washington Railroad and Navigation CompanyDetailsUnion Pacific Railroad1933
Map Oregon Washington Railroad and Navigation Company
Union Pacific Railroad
1933
LOC:
$275.00Union-Pacific-RailroadMap-Oregon-Washington-Railroad-and-Navigation-CompanyOriginal cyanotype map (blueprint) of Oregon, Washington, and Idaho with the rail lines and stops of the Oregon-Washington Railroad and Navigation Company ca. 1933. Shows large and small railways some of which are now abandoned. <br></br> This map could be of interest for anyone with an interest in the Rails to Trails Conservancy or the Great American Rail-Trail initiative (a coast-to-coast multi-use trail of over 3,700 miles). Portions of this map includes abandoned tracks that are incorporated into that coast-to-coast trail including the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (C. M. St. P and P.), now a part of the <b>Palouse to Cascades State Park Trail</b>. <br></br> Great detail and names of mountains in the Cascades Range including Mount Rainier, Mount St. Helens, Mount Adams, and Mount Hood. Coverage extends past Seattle to Everett, Washington. <br></br> The Oregon Railroad and Navigation Company operated from 1896 after a consolidation of several smaller railroads. Union Pacific (UP) purchased a majority stake of the line in 1898. In 1910 the line became a subsidiary of UP titled the <b>Oregon–Washington Railroad and Navigation Company.</b> Union Pacific formally absorbed the smaller railway into its system in 1936. <br></br> Dated 1933 based on 2 other similar items purchased in the same lot, each from the Chief Engineer's Office. <br></br> In the 1930's, minor abandonments of the company's Oregon lines included the partial abandonment of the line to Homestead, as well as joint operation with the Spokane, Portland & Seattle of the Oregon Trunk railroad line from the Columbia River south to Bend. <br></br> Drawn by REB. Published by the office of the Chief Engineer, Portland, Oregon.
1333Old Corps of Engineers blueprint index map of New Orleans area.DetailsU.S. War Department1934
Old War Department Map of New Orleans Area 1934
U.S. War Department
1934
LOC:
$450.00U-S--War-DepartmentOld-War-Department-Map-of-New-Orleans-Area-1934Large, original War Department / U.S. Corps of Engineers blueprint index map from 1934 for south-eastern Louisiana including New Orleans, Donaldsonville, Baton Rouge, Mandeville, Slidell and Bay St. Louis. Names railways, numerous waterways and bodies of water, but does not show roads or highways. Includes the Bonnet Carre Floodway (completed 1931), the Harvey Locks, portions of the Intracoastal Canal (later called the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway or ICWW), Lake Borgne, Lake Ponchartrain, Barataria Bay, Atchafalaya Bay, and the Mississippi River as far south as Venice, Louisiana. Perfect for the man cave. <br></br> On this map the route shown for the Intracoastal Canal passes through Lockport, Louisiana and Bayou Terrebonne. The segment of the canal from Larose to Bourg, Louisiana to was not completed until 1949. <br></br> Dated within at bottom right to 1934. Drawn by L. Lecaze.
4853Cyanotype course map of the Hampton Yacht Club 14th Annual RegattaDetailsHampton Yacht Club1941
Hampton Yacht Club Regatta Cyanotype Map
Hampton Yacht Club
1941
LOC:13
$250.00Hampton-Yacht-ClubHampton-Yacht-Club-Regatta-Cyanotype-MapUnusual self-published cyanotype (blueprint) course map of the Hampton Yacht Club 14th Annual Regatta July 5 and 6 at Hampton, Virginia, complete with a sketch of an undulating sea serpent (rarely found on a cyanotype) and another small cartoon at the Hampton Bar. The course chart shows the coast outline with the offshore one-fathom line and the beacons and buoys marking the course. <br></br> This pre-war cartographic artifact is sold with two included documents: <div class="indenttextblocksingle"> <ul style="list-style-type: circle;"> <li>A printed summary of the Regatta's sailing event with notes on prizes, courses, starting signals, rules for resolving protests, and a schedule of sailing events. For a map of the course the summary states: "See chart no. 400 and blueprint copies of part of the same which will be available at the clubhouse."</li> <li> A one-page type-written set of Racing Rules for Warwick One Design Dinghies.</li> </ul> </div>Top left corner "H.K.S. 7/3/41"